I Don't remember the day I was born, Date of Birth Conundrum

Every body does. I mean how?

This illogical statement above comes from the sorry state of affairs in India where nearly 30-60% births go unregistered(worse in poorer states). I once argued with someone that i don't know when i was born because i don't remember having taken birth, least of all the date.

My school teacher in my seventh year of schooling once took me aside and privately asked me my date of birth. I said some date which according to rules did not allow me to be in the seventh standard. I guess she already had my DOB in the records and wanted to just confirm it. So Devaki teacher told me to tell some random date between april to june and i did which became my official DOB about six months earlier than my real DOB.

According to some reports official records of students show a majority of them got birth between april to june showing a big skew in the calendar. Sorry this problem is not going to be solved any time soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One rupee taught me a very big Lesson

What Youngsters In India Should Do

kpmg msc support, how may I assist you