Best out of Waste

It was a competition for turning waste into products for good use. I was determined to win it. I had genuinely thought through the final use of waste generated from an Ice Candy/Cream Factory near our home. I started collecting used Ice Candy Sticks that had been thrown around.
Little did I realize that pupils in my school wanted to invest money in purchasing the raw materials and turning them into something like an handicraft. This went against the spirit of the competition. Those things did not matter.
I had collected large number of Ice Candy Sticks but they were not sufficient to make a Wall Clock. I somehow hoped for a miracle at the same time kept my plans secret. There was by chance some function in the neighborhood and a large number of children were given Ice Candies. I waited for the function to get over and once all kids had left, collected the sticks.
My raw material was ready. I had the Ice Candy Sticks but one more thing was missing. Fevicol Glue. I settled for non toxic paper glue but that would make my clock weak.
I had seen a wall clock made of Ice Candy Stick which looked like this:


I started making the clock. I used an unused card board piece and cut it into an appropriate piece. Onlookers like my Brother, Aunt and Parents were amazed. They teased me too. The clock was finally finished but it looked jaded because I had used used and thrown candy sticks.
Soon enough the day of competition came and few of my school mates had made similar clocks. But they used fresh and new candy sticks. Their clocks looked much better. In the exhibition my clock was ridiculed. When I was not around I heard it was trampled upon. I am not sure who won the competition or whether there were any winners at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One rupee taught me a very big Lesson

What Youngsters In India Should Do

kpmg msc support, how may I assist you